Due to concerns about the coronavirus, Chautauqua County Clerk, Larry Barmore, has implemented the following policies effective Monday, March 23, 2020:
THE COUNTY CLERK’S OFFICE WILL BE CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
- All record searches are required to be completed online at www.searchiqs.com.
- All other legal documents can be filed via:
- Mail- 1 N. Erie St. P.O. Box 170 Mayville, NY 14757
- Until further notice, the following in-person services will be suspended and will only be accepted by mail:
- Business Certificates
- Notary Public
- Registrar & Notary Appointments/Clerk Certifications for Apostilles
- Copies/Certified Copies of Documents
- NO PASSPORTS WILL BE ACCEPTED AT THIS TIME.
ALL DMV OFFICES WILL BE CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
THERE WILL BE DROP OFF BOXES AT EACH DMV LOCATION
Customers will be allowed to only drop off the items listed below:
- New Registrations/Renewals
- Invitations/Renewal Notice You Receive in the Mail
- Plate Surrenders
Please have all your paperwork ready. You can obtain forms online at www.dmv.ny.gov. You must leave your contact information as we will call you to process the payment over the phone. Only credit cards will be accepted at this time.
VERY IMPORTANT: You NEED to leave all of your contact information (Phone number AND mailing address) with your paperwork. Without your contact information there will be NO transaction.
ALL DEALER WORK NEEDS TO BE DROPPED OFF. WE WILL PROCESS YOUR WORK AS USUAL.
All customers are encouraged to submit by mail. Please utilize https://chqgov.com/county-clerk/County-Clerk-1 for additional information.