MAYVILLE, N.Y.: - The Chautauqua County Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) continues its commitment to serve the public while balancing the health and safety of the community. DHHS is pleased to inform residents that a free mobile device application called NYDocSubmit is now available for individuals to use to submit necessary documents to Social Services at any time. During this time of restrictions, having the ability to submit necessary documentation from home is essential to continue supporting families in Chautauqua County.
NYDocSubmit is available for download and allows certain program applicants and recipients to take pictures of their documents and submit them to DHHS’ Social Services Division using their Apple iOS or Android device. The type of documents that can be submitted through NYDocSubmit include identification, citizenship status, proof of income, medical documents, proof of household, residence, resources, shelter and utility bills, SSN or proof of SSN application and more.
NYDocSubmit can be used to submit documents for the following programs:
- SNAP (previously called Food Stamps) is an income based program and is intended to supplement the food budget of eligible households. Application for SNAP can be made online at www.mybenefits.ny.gov. Anyone already in receipt of SNAP, whose employment has been affected, either by layoff or a decrease in hours worked, should report these changes to DHHS Social Services as soon as possible as it may affect their SNAP benefit amount. A convenient way to report this is to complete and submit an online SNAP change report form found at https://www.mybenefits.ny.gov/ . The form can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org . If you are now in receipt of unemployment, you can submit proof of this and other documentation using NYDocSubmit.
- Temporary Assistance is an income-based program that covers families and single adults with ongoing and/or emergency assistance. Applications can be obtained at http://otda.ny.gov/programs/applications/2921.pdf . Completed applications can be mailed to our office at 110 East 4th Street, Jamestown, NY 14701 or faxed to (716) 661-8225.
- Medicaid is the umbrella that supplies the financial source for many variations in medical assistance. Community Medicaid is provided mainly through Managed Care plans. Application for Medicaid can be made online at https://nystateofhealth.ny.gov/.
- Day Care provides for reimbursement of Day Care expenses to Day Care Centers, Registered Providers, and approved Legally-Exempt Day Care Providers on behalf of those determined eligible for this subsidy. Applications can be obtained here: http://www.ongov.net/dss/documents/OCFS-6025ApplicationforChildCareAssistance-AttachmentA-Applica....pdf. Completed applications can be mailed to our office at 7 North Erie Street, Mayville, NY 14757 or faxed to (716) 753-9728.
- HEAP can help you with heating and utility costs and certain essential heating equipment repairs. You may apply for HEAP online at www.mybenefits.ny.gov.
It is essential that all clients please include a working phone number so we can contact you. Emergency needs will continue to be addressed on site at 319 Central Avenue in Dunkirk and 110 East Fourth Street in Jamestown.
Please visit www.CHQHHS.com for more information.