There is a delay between when some people find out they have a positive COVID test result, when the CCDOH can call them to explain isolation, and when the CCDOH can notify their close contacts of the need to quarantine. Therefore, WE NEED YOUR HELP.
POSITIVE FOR COVID-19?
- ISOLATE AND TELL CLOSE AND HOUSEHOLD CONTACTS TO QUARANTINE.
- Individuals who have been told of a positive COVID test result by their physician, pharmacy, health care facility or laboratory must ISOLATE for 10 days past the onset of symptoms or 10 days past the date of their positive test sample collection (if no symptoms).
- Read and follow Commissioner's Order for Isolation of a Lab Confirmed COVID-19 Case
- See How to Isolate if You Are Sick
- Read and follow the Commissioner's Order for Quarantine.
- Close contacts and household members of an individual with a positive test results must QUARANTINE for 10 days past the last date of exposure. NYSDOH updated quarantine guidelines
- Close contacts of a positive case should have a diagnostic COVID-19 test about 5 to 7 days after their last date of exposure to the positive case. A negative diagnostic COVID-19 test does not end or shorten the quarantine period.
Please Call your doctor, not the CCDOH, with questions about your own health and for advice on managing symptoms. If you are having trouble breathing or are experiencing severe symptoms, call 9-1-1. Notify 9-1-1 that you are in isolation or quarantine for COVID-19.
Isolation and Quarantine Documents and Forms:
- Commissioner's Order: For Isolation or Quarantine
- NYSDOH end self-isolation guidance: Symptom-Based Strategy to Discontinue Home Isolation for Persons with COVID-19
- Quarantine and Isolation Flow Chart for Schools: English, Spanish
- Temperature Log to monitor your temperature
- COVID-19 Isolations Questions and Answers
- Affirmation of Self-Quarantine or Self-Isolation (to be used for New York Paid Family Leave COVID-19 claims)
- Return to work authorization - For Persons Other Than Nursing Home Employees
- Return to work authorization - For Nursing Home Employees
- NYSDOH Return to Work Guidance:
Stay Home, Stay Apart
- If you are sick, or waiting for COVID test results, DO NOT GO TO WORK OR SCHOOL: STAY HOME!
- Employers: give employees benefit of doubt when they tell you they need to quarantine.
- We all MUST continue preventive measures:
- Wear a mask;
- Wash hands frequently;
- Maintain physical distancing;
- Clean and disinfect surfaces; and
- Try to avoid large gatherings or crowded areas with people outside your household