NYS is currently in Phase 1A and 1B of its vaccine distribution plan. See list of all eligible groups
The Chautauqua County Health Department is administering every dose of vaccine that we have.
- No vaccine is being held back for any particular persons or groups.
- No vaccine is being held back for second doses as separate allocations of vaccine are promised from the federal/state government for this.
- As we get vaccine, more appointment times will be added and additional clinics will be scheduled.
Vaccine Delivery to NYS and Chautauqua County
- December 2020: The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued an emergency use authorization (EUA) to two COVID-19 vaccines.
- The federal government has distributed vaccine to nursing home residents and staff across the country. Beyond that, state governments work with the federal CDC which oversees a centralized system to order, distribute and track COVID-19 vaccine. More information on vaccination in NYS can be found at https://covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov/.
- It could be up to several months before the general public has access to a COVID-19 vaccine. Chautauqua County is actively planning for vaccine distribution. Please stay updated by watching press conferences and announcements from New York State and Chautauqua County. We will provide complete and accurate information about vaccine distribution in Chautauqua County as that information is available.
NY State Vaccination Program
- NY State Vaccination Plan
- NY State Vaccine Website
- NY State Vaccine Distribution Plan
- NY State Vaccine Information for Providers
- V-Safe Smartphone App - after vaccination health checker
- Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS)
- Get Your COVID-19 Vaccine (Plain Language Document from NYS Office for People with Developmental Disabilities) | Get Your COVID-19 Vaccine (Video)
- Different COVID Vaccines (CDC)
- COVID-19 Vaccines (FDA)
- COVID-19 Pfizer-BioNTech Vaccine Fact Sheet for Recipients & Caregivers
- COVID-19 Pfizer-BioNTech Vaccine Fact Sheet, Translations to languages other than English
- COVID-19 Moderna Vaccine Fact Sheet for Recipients & Caregivers
- COVID-19 Moderna Vaccine Fact Sheet, Translations to languages other than English
Watch this video for more information on vaccine development, how it works, and its safety: