Are You Pregnant? Are You a New Mom?
Stop in or call to see what our Maternal and Infant Health Program can do for you and your baby.
We Have Two Great Programs To Offer You:
Community Health Worker Program
Helping moms get the care and support they need to grow and raise healthy babies! Through this program we can help you:
- Find a doctor and make an appointment.
- Access health insurance.
- Offer support to you and your family through your baby's first birthday.
- Set up medical transportation.
- Get referrals to other agencies based on needs to include childbirth classes, mental health services, parenting classes, GED classes, dental care and substance abuse treatment.
- Obtain a reliable birth control method after delivery.
- Screening for pre-natal and post-partum depression.
- Decide the best feeding plan for your baby and access breastfeeding support.
- Quit smoking.
- Provide education to promote a healthy birth outcome for both mom and baby.
- After your child is born, our program will provide you with tools to ensure healthy development and a safe home.
If you are pregnant and would like a Community Health Worker to visit you in your home, please call 753-4708.
This program is for women who are having their first baby. If you enroll, a registered nurse will visit you in your home throughout pregnancy and continue to visit until your baby is two years old. The program is free to all eligible women and will help you:
- Have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby.
- Become a better parent.
- Build a strong network of support for you and your baby.
- Make your home a safe place for your baby to live and play.
- Get referrals for healthcare, childcare, job training and other support services available in your community.
- Find ways to continue your education and develop job skills.
- Set goals for your family's future and find ways to help you reach them.
To enroll call 753-4708.