Effective August 15, 2010, any person convicted of a VTL Section 1192 Misdemeanor or Felony DWI Offense is required to have an Ignition Interlock Device installed in any motor vehicle they own or operate. The sentence must include, in addition to any other sanction, a sentence of probation or conditional discharge.
Attorney & Client Resources
The forms listed below are for attorney's and their clients to print if needed. The forms and an explanation of the forms are as follows:
- Vehicle Access and Operation by Others (PDF): What vehicles are owned and/or operated by the defendant. Who are the other people in the household that may operate the vehicles.
- Offender-Owned Business Vehicles (PDF): Is the defendant the owner, partial owner, or have a controlling interest in a business that has business owned vehicles.
- Ignition Interlock Acknowledgement from Employer (PDF): This form is needed by the defendant if they operate a vehicle in the course and scope of their employment for business purposes only.
- Owner Authorization to Install Ignition Interlock Device (PDF): If the vehicle is owned by someone else, but the defendant will be operating the vehicle, the defendant will need the owners permission to install the Ignition Interlock Device.
- Ignition Interlock Providers
- Financial Disclosure Report (PDF): This form is to be completed if the defendant is requesting consideration from the court for a waiver or payment plan. The completed form is to be submitted to the court within 5 business days of the guilty plea for the court to make a determination of ability to pay.
- Divulgación financiera Informe (PDF): Este formulario debe ser completado si el acusado solicita la consideración de la corte para una renuncia o plan de pago. El impreso deberá ser presentado a la corte dentro de 5 días hábiles después de la declaración de culpabilidad por el tribunal para tomar una determinación de la capacidad de pago.
With the exception of the Financial Disclosure Report, the above forms, if applicable to the defendant's case should be:
- Printed from the website
- Filled out completely (with the appropriate number of copies)
- Submitted to the Probation Department at the time the defendant meets with a Probation Officer to prepare the court order prior to sentencing