Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a respiratory illness that can spread from person to person. The virus that causes COVID-19 is a novel coronavirus that was first identified during an investigation into an outbreak in Wuhan, China.
Standard recommendations to prevent infection spread include: wash hands regularly, cover your mouth and nose with a mask when around others, cover coughs and sneezes, clean and disinfect, avoiding close contact with people who are sick, monitor your health daily, and stay home if you are sick.
PLEASE NOTE: Isolation and quarantine orders previously issued by the Chautauqua County Health Department are now issued by NYSDOH. NYSDOH documents
- Order free COVID-19 at-home tests through the mail at covidtests.gov. Every home in the U.S. is eligible to order free at-home COVID-19 tests. The tests are completely free. Orders will usually ship in 7-12 days
- Protect yourselves and others
- NYS Mask Mandate
- Statistical Data, Maps and Media:
- NYS Excelsior Pass
- Travel Information
- Information for Schools
- Information for Businesses
- Community Resources & Additional Information
- Long Term Care Facilities