Last Updated: May 30, 2020 at 4:23 p.m.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is responding to an outbreak of respiratory disease caused by a novel (new) coronavirus that was first detected in China and which has now been detected internationally, including in the United States. The virus has been named “SARS-CoV-2,” and the disease it causes has been named “coronavirus disease 2019” (abbreviated “COVID-19”).Common signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties. In more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure and even death.
Standard recommendations to prevent infection spread include regular hand washing, covering mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing, avoiding close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as coughing and sneezing, and staying home if you are ill.
COVID-19 infection testing is available with an order from your physician at UPMC Chautauqua’s Jones Hill campus and at The Chautauqua Center’s Jamestown and Dunkirk locations. COVID-19 infection and antibody testing is available at the WellNow Urgent Care Centers in Jamestown, Lakewood, and Dunkirk.
All persons with symptoms of COVID-19 are encouraged to contact their healthcare provider and get tested for COVID-19. All essential workers with or without symptoms can also request to be tested per updated CDC and state guidelines.
- May 29, 2020
- May 22, 2020
- May 21, 2020
- May 20, 2020
- May 19, 2020
- May 19, 2020 Press Release - Phase One Reopening
- May 18, 2020
- May 17, 2020
- May 16, 2020
- May 15, 2020
- May 14, 2020
- May 13, 2020
Official State and Federal Information Outlets
Business Guidance (State and Local)
- NYS on PAUSE
- Is your business required to shut down?
- County of Chautauqua Industrial Development Agency (CCIDA)
- Paid Sick Leave for COVID-19 Impacted New Yorkers
- Guidance on Essential Services
- NYS Unemployment - CARES Act
- PPE Supplies for Chautauqua County Businesses
- Face Mask Information
- Fraud/Scam Alerts
- Services and Benefits
- FAQs from NYSDOH updated 4/17/20
- Older Adult and Caregiver Resources
- CARES Act Child Care Scholarship
- When to Seek Care
- General Building Cleaning Guidance
- 10 Ways to Manage Respiratory Systems
- Learn how to Stop the Spread of Germs
- Protect Yourself and Your Family While Enjoying the Outdoors
- Food Pantry List
- Grocery Store Home Delivery
- Pharmacy Home Delivery
- Get Help - Connect with Local Services
- Chautauqua County Crisis Response Fund
- Get Involved: How Health Professions Can Help
- Get Involved: Volunteer Locally
Emotional Distress Assistance
- COVID-19 Emotional Support
New York State COVID-19 Emotional Support Hotline
844-863-9314 for mental health counseling
- Urgent Care Tele-Psych Service Provided by Jamestown Psychiatric
During the COVID-19 surge, Jamestown Psychiatric is offering our Online Psychiatry Urgent Care service (via Tele-Psych) to all our community members.
Patients / Clinics can call our Psychiatry Urgent Care phone line 716-708-1101 any time between 10am till 6pm EST to schedule urgent appointments within a few hours of request with our Psychiatrists.